PYH has decided to offer Spring Tryouts for Squirts!
The purpose of this is to encourage enough registrants to commit to creating two teams for the 2017-2018 season. We have a wide range of experience at the Squirt level this season, from skaters coming in from Learn to Skate (welcome!) to others who have been skating 4 years or more. There are many benefits of having A and B teams, including encouraging better player development as well as more playing time for everyone.
***Tryouts will be held ONLY if at least 19 skaters are registered by the deadline*** *Goaltenders do not need to register for tryouts but must attend*
- Tryout session to be held the first weekend in June with a registration deadline of June 1 11:00pm. (Please note that after June 1 all registrants to PYH will have a $50 late fee regardless of whether they register for tryouts or not - so you might as well do it!) - Tryouts will be June 3rd and 4th, 2017 at 4:15pm at McCann Ice Arena in Poughkeepsie. Additional details on format to follow, but will be similar to the evaluation model we currently use (Day 1 Skills/Day 2 Scrimmage). Be sure to arrive 30 min prior to start time and to bring a light and a dark jersey. - Tryout fee is $50 non refundable, will be credited toward fees for the season for registered/rostered players.
- Players who have already registered for Squirts this season will automatically be registered for tryouts and do not need to pay an additional fee - We need a minimum number of 22 skaters (not including goaltenders) to form 2 teams. - Commitment to the PYH program will be requested within 24 hours of rostering players after tryouts. Commitment is defined as payment of the $200 registration fee (at minimum). - If tryouts are held and two teams rostered, late registrants will automatically be rostered to the B team.
Register through the Squirt registration link on the main registration page!
Pawling Youth Hockey Association is accepting registrations for its Learn To Skate / Learn To Play Hockey Program. Below is Information to Frequently Asked Questions, as well as contact information.
Learn To Skate / Play Hockey
THERE IS A $140 FEE FOR THE LTS PROGRAM
YOU CAN JOIN ANYTIME DURING THE SEASON
PLAYERS MUST BE REGISTERED WITH USA HOCKEY AT THEIR ON-LINE SITE http://www.usahockeyregistration.com. THE USA HOCKEY REGISTRATION FEE IS $40 PER PERSON
(There are no USA Hockey fees for participants age 6 or younger (birth year 2009 or later), but registration is still required.)
ONCE YOU HAVE REGISTERED WITH USA HOCKEY, PLEASE COMPLETE THE REGISTRATION FORM ON PYH WEBSITE (click here)
PLAYERS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED ON THE ICE UNTIL REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT IS RECEIVED
THE PRACTICE SCHEDULE IS POSTED ON THE MASTER SCHEDULE PAGE OF THE PAWLING YOUTH HOCKEY WEB SITE: pawlingyouthhockey.org
PLAYERS WILL NEED TO HAVE THEIR OWN FULL EQUIPMENT, THIS INCLUDES;
HOCKEY HELMET, GLOVES, ELBOW, SHIN AND SHOULDER PADS, PANTS,
SOCKS AND SKATES
What is Pawling Youth Hockey?
Pawling Youth Hockey is a non-profit organization that has been teaching children to play ice hockey for 35 years.PYH was started and continues to be run by local residents who have a love for the game and the children who play it.. They started this association to ensure that there is a safe and organized environment for children to learn and enjoy this exciting sport.
How do I get generic questions about the PYH Program answered?
Use the feedback tab or email us at
How do I sign up and where can I get my specific questions about Registration answered?
Please visit our REGISTRATION Tab (on the left side of our webpage).
If you don’t find an answer to your question please email our PYH Registrar atRegistrar1gmail.com
What are some of the benefits of youth hockey?
Develops confidence and teamwork
Learn a challenging skill that will stay with the children throughout their lives.
Get physically fit with aerobic training, tones & strengthens every major muscle group,develops coordination which translates to other sports
No winter doldrums
Spend quality time with your family
Ice hockey is now a scholastic sport in Pawling High School
How does PYH work? The Season: October to March Practice: 1 or 2 one hour practices, weekday evenings. Games: Start Nov., 1 Home/1 Away, about 26 played per season Travel: For "away" games, usually about 1 hour or less. Home Ice: The Trinity-Pawling School Tournaments: Two tournaments are played each season The Coaches: All of our coaches are volunteer and have current USA Hockey Certification Levels: PYH has 4 coed age segregated travel levels, 2 girls levels and an "any age" Learn to Skate Program. Team Size: PYH makes every attempt to size the teams for optimum ice time.
Who is youth hockey right for?
Youth hockey is right for any child, age 5 or older, who has the desire to learn to play this challenging and exciting sport. PYH will teach you the skills necessary to play.
What is the commitment from the parents and their kids?
1. Attend scheduled games and practices
2. Arrive at games and practices on time with proper equipment
3. Exercise good sportsmanship as players and spectators
4. General volunteering as team parent, snack shack and fund raising events.